STX Fortress Girls Lacrosse Stick Review
Welcome back for the STX Fortress girls lacrosse stick review, brought to you by Lacrosse Scoop. Deciding on the best womens or girls lacrosse stick can be a difficult process. Well we’re here to help you! STX girls lacrosse sticks are some of the best lacrosse sticks for sale today. The STX Fortress lax stick is a great option, with a price of $134.99. Whether you’re a youth, high school, or college player read the STX Fortress review to see if this girls lacrosse stick fits your needs!
The Bottom Line: STX Fortress
The STX Fortress come stock with C-Channel technology, giving you increased strength by distributing stress equally on the bottom rail. The patented STX Fortress elastomer overmold reduces the spin of the ball when you pass. The Runway Pocket is a unique, overlapping center string system allowing the two center runners to flex out and hug the ball. A longer face on the STX Fortress girls lacrosse head gives you increased power. Lastly, it comes with a raised ball stop and scooping flexibility.
Top Specs for the STX Fortress
Dominate as a defender with the strength of the Fortress Complete Stick from STX! The Fortress head comes with C-Channel technology that increases strength by distributing stress evenly along the bottom rail. Its patented elastomer overmold reduces the spin of the ball. The elongated face of the Fortress increases overall power. The Fortress head also features a Runway Pocket which is a unique, overlapping center string system that lets the two center runners flex out and hug the ball. And you cant go wrong with the STX Forward Cant. The gradual cant pushes the ball to the sweet spot and provides a quicker release and better ball feel. This complete stick also comes with the STX Propel shaft, a teardrop-shaped 1 composite shaft with a soft rubberized finish and a handle that stays temperate in any weather. This complete stick will assure that you can dominate as a defender in all types of weather conditions.
Girls Lacrosse Stick Sizing and Rules
Since girls lacrosse is a different sport than mens lacrosse, there are also specific rules for girls lacrosse sticks, pockets, stringing, and stick length.
- Girls lacrosses shafts are usually made of wood, hard plastic, metal alloy or composite.
- Girls lacrosse head is made of hard plastics and are strung using traditional lacrosse stringing. No lacrosse mesh allowed!
- Girls lacrosse stick sizing must be 35 1/2 – 43 1/4 inches, that’s including the full length of the head and shaft.
- Girls lacrosse heads must be 7 to 9 inches wide at the top.
- No deep lacrosse pockets allowed, as the lax ball must sit even with the sidewalls of the head.
- Goalies in girls lacrosse may use a wider head, just like with boys lacrosse goalies
STX Fortress Lacrosse Stick Video Review