STX Fortress 500 Girls Lacrosse Stick Review
Welcome back for the STX Fortress 500 girls lacrosse stick review, brought to you by Lacrosse Scoop. Deciding on the best womens or girls lacrosse stick can be a difficult process. Well we’re here to help you! STX girls lacrosse sticks are some of the best lacrosse sticks for sale today. The STX Fortress 500 lax stick is a great option, with a price of $144.99. Whether you’re a youth, high school, or college player read the STX Fortress 500 review to see if this girls lacrosse stick fits your needs!
The Bottom Line: STX Fortress 500
Elite defenders choose this Fortress as the top women’s defensive head of all time. Specifically designed to knock down passes and scoop up ground balls.. but the pocket technology is same as the best selling offensive heads. A little wider than the Crus and the Exault.. the Fortress is already making inroads on the eilte high school scene as well.
What STX Says for the STX Fortress 500:
STX Fortress 500 women’s complete stick. Strength for the defender to dominate. STX C-Channel technology increases strength by distributing stress evenly across the bottom rail. Patented Elastome Overmold reduces ball rattle when cradling up field. Launch Pocket (patent pending) is the tapered runner system that provides great ball control as the chevrons flex out and hug the ball. Elongated face increases power for long passes. Flexible scoop for east ground ball pickup. Raised ball stop for increased ball protection. Comes on a STx composite shaft.
Girls Lacrosse Stick Sizing and Rules
Since girls lacrosse is a different sport than mens lacrosse, there are also specific rules for girls lacrosse sticks, pockets, stringing, and stick length.
- Girls lacrosses shafts are usually made of wood, hard plastic, metal alloy or composite.
- Girls lacrosse head is made of hard plastics and are strung using traditional lacrosse stringing. No lacrosse mesh allowed!
- Girls lacrosse stick sizing must be 35 1/2 – 43 1/4 inches, that’s including the full length of the head and shaft.
- Girls lacrosse heads must be 7 to 9 inches wide at the top.
- No deep lacrosse pockets allowed, as the lax ball must sit even with the sidewalls of the head.
- Goalies in girls lacrosse may use a wider head, just like with boys lacrosse goalies
STX Fortress 500 Lacrosse Stick Video Review